SDF are pleased to offer a growing programme of quality assured vocational learning to the drug, alcohol, and wider social care workforce through our SQA accredited Learning Centre.
Our SVQ programmes are designed to support learners to:
- Improve workplace and practical skills
- Learn how legislation, codes of practice, and occupational standards affect and guide practice
- Gain a depth of knowledge through quality assured teaching, training, and self-directed learning
- Understand the value of continued reflective practice
- Have their expertise formally recognised through a qualification registerable with the Scottish Social Services Council
Our SVQ programmes offer organisations:
- A supportive learning environment for employees to think about the work they do and how policies and procedures affect their practice
- A measure of quality assurance against individual work practice
- A deeper understanding by employees of legislation, codes of practice and occupational standards, embedded and practised within service delivery
As the Centre of choice for our award-winning Addiction Worker Training Programme, delivery of SVQ awards are tailored to the needs of learners and organisations.
We currently offer SVQ Levels 2 and 3 in Social Services and Healthcare at SCQF levels 6 and 7, with two intakes of learner groups per year. Click here to find out about our vocational qualifications.
A supplementary package of learning and development is currently being piloted. This Enhanced Skills SVQ programme combines specialist drug and alcohol training quality assured by Skills for Health, with the vocational learning experience.
“I started my SVQ level two in social services and healthcare journey with SDF, and I am blown away with the support and knowledge I have received. My assessor went above and beyond to support me. Having just completed the level 2 award and secured a new job, I am starting my level 3 in social care with SDF.
I would not want to carry this journey with anyone else. The SDF Learning Centre team are so committed to developing my understanding and they give me the best opportunities for my learning and development.’’
To find out more, contact SDF Learning Centre Senior Development Officer, Chris Messenger on 0141 221 1175 or at email@example.com